Thank you, Ayn, for including me with an awesome group of bloggers. I'm passing this award on to:
The rules for accepting the award are…
“You have to first list 10 honest things about yourself (and make them interesting), and second — present the award to seven other bloggers.”
Okay, so here goes.... (Not sure how interesting they are, but . . . )
1. One of my first teaching positions was in a multi-age elementary school teaching children between the ages of 5 and 10.
2. I first learned about Waldorf when my daughter was a toddler and we took a "hens and chicks" class together. It changed the way I thought about teaching forever . . .
3. I have always had a huge ironing pile that never seems to shrink. My husband irons his own clothes because he knows I will never get around to it. No surprise, I always try to buy things that don't need to be ironed.
4. When I was little I wanted to be a waitress when I grew up.
5. I had a minor in film history when I was an undergrad. I think I had illusions of becoming a film critic.
6. I love tea and don't know how I would get through the day without it. I can give up every other food and beverage - but not tea.
7. I've never broken any bones but for some reason I keep ending up in physical therapy for "frozen shoulder".
8. I got hooked on blogs last year when I read 'Enjoying the Small Things' after Kelle took my daughter's photo and I went to her blog to view the photos. I'm so happy that I've discovered this great community of bloggers that inspire me to be a better teacher.
9. I am very nostalgic for people and places I've known.
10. I collect children's books (mostly from the 60's and 70's) and thought I'd won the lottery last summer when I found a perfect copy of Journey Cake Ho! by Ruth Sawyer.