Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easter craft

Today we made table decorations for Easter. Each child painted (with watercolors) a wooden egg shape and a wooden flower shape last week and attached a craft stick with glue. ( I found the wooden shapes at Michael's but I saw them a few days ago at the dollar store in packages of 10.) After placing a little playdough in the bottom of a cup (the cups were from an Easter egg dying kit), the children stuck their flower and egg in and covered the playdough with Easter grass. They finished by tying a ribbon around the cup. I like how the watercolor looks on the wood . . . next time I may have them finish it off with a little beeswax to seal it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are so cute and allow for a lot of creativity from the kidlets!

I tagged you with the Honest Scrap Award. Thanks for all you post and share!

http://littleilluminations.blogspot.com/2010/03/honest-scrap.html