Friday, September 23, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Dresses finished. Glue dry. Time to turn it into something to play with. (Oh - and maybe throw some days of the week and color word recognition in as well!)
Ella painted our cardboard paper doll that we had used to trace the dresses. Then we added a photograph of her face for the doll's head.
I wrote out simple sentences using Ella's name and the color dress she would wear for each day of the week. For the cover, I glued on a simple pocket to hold the doll. Then we headed to the copy shop to have the pages bound into a book. Finally, we added velcro to the doll, each dress, and each page of our book.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
I asked Ella if she'd like to design some dresses using scrapbook paper/supplies and she was ecstatic. I'd planned on just doing a few at a time but Ella was a dress designing machine. She didn't stop until we'd finished all 7! She did a fantastic job sorting through materials and matching colors. Her only complaint was that it took too long for the glue to dry - she wanted to play with them right away!
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
That may not have been an option for me in the classroom but it is an option this year. I'm glad.