Tuesday, August 25, 2009

day 2



Oh boy! We knew that high school was going to be a big change. We just didn't anticipate how big. Yes, she did go to a teeny tiny elementary and an only slightly less tiny middle. But public high school isn't just huge. It's the REAL world in a microcosm. And I know in my heart that she is capable and strong and smart and brave and totally ready for this. But that didn't make it any easier to let her go this morning. I think that Day 2 is going to be a very long day indeed . . .

On a more positive note: Being a SAHM is really growing on me. It's only 9am and I already have dessert cooling in the fridge (trying the cheesecake from Enjoying the Small Things) and dinner in the crockpot. I miss my littles but I do like having time to do things at home. I'm going to enjoy it because I'm afraid it won't last long. I have a meeting later this week to talk about writing a grant to start a school . . .

No comments: