Friday, January 6, 2012

using my scrapbook supply stash for valentine's day projects . . .



I like to go through my scrapbook paper stash and clear out old papers that are really not my taste any longer.  I give them away or find a project for the littles.  I cleared out my reds/pinks for some valentine's day arts and crafts with Ella.

I used a paper cutter to cut the paper into 1 inch strips for both projects.  For the first project I gathered a canvas, glue, Mod Podge, scissors, and a paint brush.  We began by applying glue to the entire canvas.  Then Ella adhered the strips as she liked.  Some went off the canvas but that was okay.  We just trimmed them with scissors when the glue dried.  After 24 hours I helped Ella apply Mod Podge to the canvas for a pretty glossy finish.

For the second project we needed yarn, construction paper, and tape.  I pre-cut the yarn and taped it horizontally on the paper.  I showed Ella how to weave the strips - going in and out.  She immediately said, "Oh, I get it - a pattern!" and and she was weaving like a pro.

No comments: