Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Printing with Big Foam Letters

I found a foam alphabet puzzle mat in the back of my closet & we've been having fun with it.  I distributed a letter to each child and then played several alphabet songs.  As each child hears the letter that he's holding, he stands up and dances around.  This week, we used the letters for a printing project.  Once the letters were dry, the children were invited to find stickers, photos of themselves, and magazine pictures to make a name collage.



2 comments:

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

I love your ideas for using the ABC Mat for printing! I'm not quite ready to gets ours dirty - how well do they come clean? Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal... :)

I love the game idea too - with a lot of kids that would be a blast!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow
http://handsonhouse.blogspot.com

Kat said...

I just washed them with a little bit of hand soap and water and dried them off. They are as good as new. I did use washable paint, though.