Thursday, February 4, 2010

crayon/watercolor resist




These Silky Crayons are great for watercolor resist art. They have the consistency of lipstick, are a little messy, and glide over any paper so smoothly. What more could a 4 year old ask for?
You can just use water as a wash and the color will run. We used liquid watercolors and the results were nice and vibrant once they dried. (Sorry I didn't get photos of the final product.)

One of my littles asked me: Why do you always take so many pictures of the table?! Ha - they are so observant!

1 comment:

Teacher Tom said...

I've never tried the silky crayons. I guess I should.

We did resist paintings today too, although ours were valentines hearts drawn on white paper with white crayons. The kids thought it was like magic when they applied the liquid watercolor. Then they got a chance to draw their own pictures to paint.