Dresses finished. Glue dry. Time to turn it into something to play with. (Oh - and maybe throw some days of the week and color word recognition in as well!)
Ella painted our cardboard paper doll that we had used to trace the dresses. Then we added a photograph of her face for the doll's head.
I wrote out simple sentences using Ella's name and the color dress she would wear for each day of the week. For the cover, I glued on a simple pocket to hold the doll. Then we headed to the copy shop to have the pages bound into a book. Finally, we added velcro to the doll, each dress, and each page of our book.