Saturday, April 23, 2011

cooperative games

My littles love games - but they all want to feel like "winners".  Luckily, they don't mind if the other guy wins too - just as long as they don't feel they were left out of the spotlight :)

I made this really simple game to work on counting.  I purchased little wooden peg people and little wooden bowls from Michael's.  I painted them with watercolors and sealed them with beeswax.  Then I made a game board on a piece of poster board.  To play:  Take turns rolling die.  Move any little person that number of spaces.  The object of the game is to get all of the people in their matching bowl home.  Players can move any peg person.  The idea is that we are all working together to get the little peg people home.  






1 comment:

The girl who painted trees said...

I love this game. I made my son some of these peg and bowl people for him to learn his colors and work on matching. I haven't sealed with beeswax though. Where did you purchase that? http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com