Monday, October 19, 2009

like michigan, but with spanish moss


We spent yesterday in Mount Dora and if I squinted my eyes half-closed and pretended not to see the Spanish moss then I could pretend I was in Michigan on the most perfect fall day. It was only about 60 degrees (thanks to a cold front blowing in) and leaves were actually falling off the trees! We walked around town, stopping to watch the train go by, drifting into antique stores (where Leslie scored a great leather jacket and an amazing little purse), drooling over cute little bungalows and imagining what it might be like to live in this hilly sweet town in central Florida. We eventually found ourselves in our favorite restaurant, The Goblin Market. It was appropriately decked out for Halloween. A perfect ending to a really nice weekend in Orlando with Char and Carlos.

This morning I have all of the windows open for the first time in our new house. Leslie didn't have school today so we got to sleep in a little and I'm still pajama-ed and having a relaxing slow morning, watching Ellen, doing laundry, and loving that cool "Michigan like" breeze blowing in. I'll enjoy it while I can - I hear it won't be around too long.

No comments: